Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Around Juhu...

On a wander around Juhu you'll find quite a few regulars to greet on the street.
This family live on the pavement behind a bus stop on the banks of the dirty drain pictured below. Now these kids don't attend school which is a shame and most of the time we see them at the lights holding out their little hands. Oblivious to anyone walking by this morning the children were absorbed in their colouring books, which was fantastic to see! Rarely do we see the poorer children sharing in the experiences of the well to do.. Unfortunately once I was seen their concentration jumped from colouring books to of course rupee and wanting to see themselves on camera.


The young fella was especially proud of his drawing...

Should you ever be on Juhu beach and feeling a wee bit parched you may like to try your luck at one of the many drink carts set up for evening walkers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus,

I'm from Perth and currently living in Juhu at slightly dodgy little hotel in Juhu Tara Rd. I'm here for about 4 mths on project. I appreciate your blog and have seen the sights over last month here. I'm desperate to be able to watch some AFL here (Eagles member). My hotel has 87 channels mostly Indian and no Australian Network. Do you know anywhere that Aust Network channel played at bar in Juhu. I saw mention of JW Marriott which is close to me. Thanks, Doug

Markus said...

Hey Doug, the Sports Bar at the JW has all the games. check out the Aus Network website for the timings. I supplied the Bar Manager with the Aus Network details last week so the staff would know about the games for the week.
Cheers